The Jung Typology Test categorized people into four different categories and set the degree to which you were characterized in that direction. I was an ISTJ, and my percentages were as follows:
introvert (11%)
sensing (12%)
thinking (25%)
judging (11%)
When I saw that ISTJs have an keen sense of right and wrong and are noted for their devotion to duty, I thought that described me well because I believe I have strong values. However, I do not think I am especially cold or aloof, as I am moderately sociable with my friends. The validity of this test, however, was probably more accurate than any other test.
My Life Goals - http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/goals19.html
This test categorized what I valued the most in my life as compared to other study participants. According to the test, I placed more central value on social recognition, attractiveness, and affiliation, placed equal value to financial success and self-acceptance as a typical participant, and placed less central value to community involvement. While I agree with the results, my actions do not typify these characteristics, so in that sense the test is invalid.
Attraction Test - http://explainyourbrain.com/cgi-bin/attraction/attractiontest.pl
This test asked me to rate the attractiveness of various pictures presented. I tended to rate the pictures presented as more attractive than the average person. The test stated that I cared about intelligence, seductiveness, and trendy slightly more than average person, and I cared about cheerfulness and counter-culture below the average person. Based on the people I have liked in the past, I believe this test is completely invalid.
Understand Yourself Personality Test - http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/bfi_self.htm
This test categorized my personality based on the Big 5 traits and gave each a score. My scores are listed below:
56 - extraversion
53 - agreeableness
44 - conscientiousness
56 - neuroticism
55 - openness to experience
Most of these scores are very close to the 50 range, so I feel like there could be a possibility that if I took this test again I could get scores that lean slightly the other way. Therefore, I think this test is not very valid.
EQ quiz - http://www.ihhp.com/?page=freeEQquiz - This test's questions blatantly asked questions that seemed to test your perception of yourself in contrast to actually wanting to find the true answer of that trait. It stated that I have a slightly above average EQ - with room to grow! However, this test makes very general assumptions and statements, so I believe that while you may be able to tie it into your personality, it does not stay valid for more specific descriptions of personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment