Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 2 - Your Life Story

My church! Southwest Chinese Baptist Church
I was born in Houston on March 20, 1996. The first memory I can remember was going to church when I was three with my mom. It's funny, because both my mom and church were the two biggest influences on my life before I started school.





I started attending Dulles in kindergarten, and I'm still attending Dulles now. Elementary school was the greatest time in the world. It was super easy, you didn't have homework, and there was recess. My first friend that I ever made was Neek. However, I'm not close with anyone from kindergarten anymore. When I moved to 1st grade, however, I met some of my closest friends that I still talk to today. In elementary, I also developed a love for reading that I carry still today. This trait really helped me throughout the first couple years of school: what I couldn't do in real life, I lived out through books. Ironically, this source of fun also helped me do well academically.

Puberty hit me relatively early in comparison to my friends. Unlike what the psychology book said, I disliked going through puberty early. I hated the extra hair, the voice cracking, the pimples, the awkwardness of getting used to one's own body. Middle school in general was just an awkward time for me. Fortunately, my church as well as orchestra proved to be key pillars of support in my life, and I managed to get through to high school.

In high school, the biggest pressure was getting a girlfriend and to do well in school. I was successful at one and unsuccessful at the other. Care to guess?

http://bible.com/116/mat.6.34.nlt

As for the future, I can hardly pose any definite predictions. I do have a plan, but what I have learned is that plans never work out exactly the way you hope. However, ideally, I'd like certain things to happen.

I hope to graduate from Dulles High School on June 7th, 2014.
I hope I go to either UT, Rice, or some prestigious Ivy League for college.
I hope I find something I want to study. In this time of confusion, I've decided to try chemical engineering.
I hope I find someone I like in college early on and never have to worry about dating after that.
I hope I can marry that person right after college ends. It would definitely be in a church, and the date would have to be an easy one to remember :P
I hope I have three kids so that they can keep each other entertained when I'm busy.
I hope I learn what job I'd like, but I DO know that I want it to have an impact on people's lives.
I hope to have enough money to be able to support orchestral music.
I hope to retire with enough money to make a trust fund.
I hope to travel the world with my wife when I retire.
I hope I don't die early, but realistically, now hearing that guys die earlier than girls, I'll probably die at age 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment